Torrevieja Sports City
The futuristic looking sports complex at Torrevieja Sports City somewhat resembles a large ship and serves as a city landmark to passing motorists. One of the largest sports complexes on the Costa Blanca, both the indoor and outdoor facilities are second to none and home to a number of national and international sporting events. Open to the public, Sports City covers a vast area of fields, tracks, courts and stadiums, making the complete sporting package for a huge variety of sports disciplines.
Torrevieja Sports City features a main indoor complex that has been specially designed to be adaptable, in order to offer as many types of indoor sports as possible in a given space. It is utilised daily for a number training programs and exercises by local sports groups and individual members of the public, and throughout the year plays host to visiting clubs.
The following facilities are available in the indoor complex:
- Multipurpose central arena that can be used as one main court or divided into 3 separate courts, ideal for a number of sports such as indoor football, volleyball and gymnastics.
- Olympic size heated swimming pool for hosting a range of swimming disciplines at all levels.
- Fitness centre of 400 sq/m offering the latest in cardiovascular equipment and free weights.
- Rehabilitation and medical facilities.
- Changing rooms in both the central court and swimming pool areas.
- Press & Conference rooms.
The outdoor sporting facilities at Torrevieja Sports City are fantastic and have the capacity to cover practically every sport imaginable. Such is the scale of the outdoor areas, they even include the city's Vicente García Municipal Soccer Stadium.
The following facilities are available in the outdoor areas:
- There is a further football stadium named Nelson Mandela Stadium that has artificial turf, as well as 4 other football pitches for 11-a-side and 7-a-side training and competitions.
- Daniel Plaza is a full size 400 metre athletics track with 8 lanes, facilities for hurdles and water jumps and a central grass arena where a number of athletic sports can be played.
- The huge racket area boasts no less than 10 tennis courts and a central grandstand court, 2 squash courts, 7 paddle tennis courts and 2 indoor pelota courts, all close to the fitness centre.
- Aside from its Olympic pool, Torrevieja Sports City has a further 2 outdoor swimming pools used for leisure, competition swimming and a variety of water exercises such as aquagym.